Re: Dead EPROM programmer, and question

FieroMania@aol.com wrote:
> Their URL is www.dataman.com...my question is this:  I'm sure it's been
> covered before, but in the $100-$200 range, which is the programmer of
> choice, Needham's PB-10?  I recall someone having some problems/issues with
> the Pocket Programmer?

Well, if anyone wants to buy a Needhams EMP-10, I've got one I'm looking
to sell. My scope of chips is rapidly expanding past the capabilities of
the EMP-10. Bought it new from Digikey in January or February (sometime
around then) for $220, willing to entertain offers within a reasonable
distance of what I paid for it, otherwise I'll throw it on Ebay. :)

This is basically the parallel port version of the PB-10. Of course,
still original box, manual, floppy, cable, no parts missing, all that
jazz... Light use over the last 6 months, works fine on "normal" stuff.
;)

While we're on the topic, what's a good programmer that can handle ALL
flash chips (28F series of all manufacturers - sure as heck ain't the
EMP-10 ;) ), Atmel AVR's, wide range of PICs, Motorola uC's, serial
EEPROMs, "and more"? I thought about the EMP-20, but am looking closely
at the BP Micro 1148 - have yet to see a price tag on it - am afraid of
sticker shock... I'm looking for $450-$600 range...

-Andrew