Re: Heated or not O2 sensor

(1) use a good voltmeter to measure the O2 voltage.  You'll need to
measure the voltages while the problem is happening.  Look for a
trend, ie voltage fluctuates less and less until it stays around .45
VDC.

GM electrical and emissions manual does tell how to diagnose an O2
sensor.  Guaranteed.  I'd guess you're looking at the page for code
13, or the key on/engine off voltage page.  Yes or no, you need to do
some reading to understand how the sensor works and how to test it.
The sensor needs to be at a minimum temperature, and it's voltage will
swing from one end of a range to another.  That should be enough to
get you started.  I know from experience that giving out the answer
will keep a person from learning to use the manual.  I'm working next
to an apprentice mechanic, and I'm watching him go through the same
thing. : )

(2)  Buy a scantool and use it to read the O2 voltage.  This is the
easiest way.  If you don't own a voltmeter, a scantool might be the
the cheaper option.
Shannen