UBB forum, was Re: I tire

olbap wrote:

> This list has great
> people but i think its timeto step up to a UBB forum and a decent webpage
> (like you know, step into the 90s) and yeah im probably stepping on alot of
> toes cause some of you are stuck in the past and simply must have a mailing
> list and crappy web page (small pond?)

A UBB forum?  Ack!  That's just a toy full of dot-com flash and no
substance.  The threaded e-mail reader built into Netscape Communicator
is much better at handling messages.  With true e-mail, you can review
messages at the speed of your local machine.  With UBB, you have to wait
on the host computer for everything.

> As for pushing for a faq or searching the archives etc... rome wasnt built
> in a day but it didnt take 10 million years either.

Download the archives and do the searches locally on your machine.  Yes,
it'll take a while to download.  Once downloaded, you'll be able to
search at warp speed.  On my system, a simple text search of the entire
archives doesn't take long.  To make it even faster, I could load the
archives onto a RAM disk and really fly.