Re: Automotive Circuit Protection - Part 1

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:32:29 -0500 (CDT), Roger Heflin
<rah@horizon.hit.net> wrote:

>I am pretty sure my ECM actually adjusts for higher voltages, the
>computer does know what the battery voltage is since they include that
>in the data stream, now if they use it or not.    Now I don't know if
>all ecm adjust the injectors for the battery voltage.

Oooops, good point; I was thinking about noise differences Mike was
mentioning, and completely forgot about this correction that most do
have in place. However, I would have thot this was mostly effective
during cranking when the INJ voltage would be seriously wilted. Still I
spose it's possible.

BTW Mike, 13.9V out of your previous ALT was seriously under spec.
Lead-Acid batteries need considerably more than that to reach a full
charge. IIRC, the so-called "absorption" voltage of lead-acids is
14.4-14.8+V, and ALT regulators are typically set a tad higher than
that.

Gar