Re: How to do 165 to 730

At 09:31 AM 6/23/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>If I wanted to change my 87 Vette to 730, how would I do it, in general.

I found about 90% of the info I needed here:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/ecm_swap_730/

The rest you'll find in the archives.

>Do I need to change a lot of wiring/connectors?

Just at the ECM and add 3 wires for MAP sensor.

>Do I need to add any other sensors besides the MAP?

Need to change knock sensor.   Same connector, but different internally.

>Where does the MAP go and how do I put it there?

Mount it anywhere - firewall, plenum, fender well ect.

Of course you might want some other opinions too since my '730 setup is
running, but not in a car  - on a test stand, and not even on a Chevy V8.  ;^>

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com