Re: Mods to '85 GM TPI ECM

Sunpro should be pronounced like paperclip.  I think the Sears
scantool may have been an Auto Pro or somesuch.  I've used it, it's
ok.  I've seen Snap on and OTC 4000 scanners for anything from 250 to
900 at swap meets.  I bought an old otc 2000 from a dealership for
peanuts because nobody there used it anymore.  I have yet to use a
laptop scantooll type interface, and I'm not about to shell out $500
to try one when I may not be able to return the program.  As far as
using a laptop as a day to day diagnostic tool in a shop, I can
imagine lots of headaches from that.  I'm sure some experienced laptop
users can better give out the goods -n- bads though.

Are you being too ambitious by wanting a laptop?  I was a little too
ambitious when I bought my burner, and eraser, and the laptop, and the
tuning software, and the chips, and built a case to carry everything
in, and set up dedicated pc's at the shop, and started travelling
around New England for tuning jobs.  After all, all I really needed to
do was make my converted efi pickup idle better.

Shannen