GM Wiper circuit question

I would like to get a circuit diagram (or at least and understanding)
of how the Standard GM column (Mist/Off/delay/low/high) wiper circuit
from the late 80s/early 90s operated.

I am trying to retrofit the steering column from a early 90's Buick or
possibly a Z28 for use in my scout (which now has a 350 with 730 TPI)
and I would love to interface the switch for use with IH/Scout wiper
motor.

It seems to me that most GM cars used the standard 5 wire wiper switches
as far as I can tell:

WHITE(or BLK) is 12v power
PINK goes to washer circuit.
PURPLE, GRAY and GREEN goto the wiper module..

now what is in the wiper module (with delay)???

any ideas or any pointers on whom to ask.

Vinnie Moscaritolo KF6WPJ ITCB-IMSH
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
PGP: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042