Trials and tribulations

He, he, things are getting better. Been tuning the 'ole 747 TBI
setup with success. From time to time it's been fighting me,
however, perseverance pays off.

I was closing in on the VE tables, getting the fueling correct, but
something just didn't seem right. Ya, made a bunch of changes
to correct some fuel variables, but still, it was to the point where
the engine wouldn't always start, was running a little rougher, then
sometimes the fueling was outa' wack.

After much time trouble-shooting a no-to-hard-start condition,
I found the injector wire splices broken. The TBI uses some killer
insulation on the wires to the injectors, apparently so it doesn't
melt with the exposure to the fuel. This makes it hard to splice
and easy to break the wires.

The ends were still butt together, apparently the engine vibration
was enough to keep them touching so that once started, the
engine would run.

What a difference! It's back to running like it should. <g>!

Did you know that the BLM value is used under ALL but
one condition? That condition is a BLM < 128 (removing
fuel), and in PE.

Yes, even past the boundries of the cells, the end cell
value will still be used. Say the 16 cells are setup to cover
the area of 0 rpm to 1900 rpm, and 20 map to 70 map, if
the engine is at 90 map, the 70 map cell will be used. The
rpm extends past the end boundries the same way.

No learn will take place, but that cell value will be used
in the bpw calc. ('747 of course).

BobR.