Re: Trials and tribulations

Actually, I think that it may be a teflon type of insulation, well aged
of course. . . I found it's best to heat it with a lighter before stripping.
This stuff is spliced onto the end of the normal pvc wire right before
the tbi. It is exposed to a lot of fuel, sitting in the top of the tbi above
the injectors.

This is from the '88-90 full size Chebbie vans with the v8's. The v6
Astro's use the same stuff. Come to think of it, I've seen the injector
connectors burned (as: on fire once), but not the wire insulation.
Maybe it is the teflon insulation.

BobR.