Re: Mods to '85 GM TPI ECM

Jim and Sharon Brady wrote:

> But
> if/when I go with a supercharger I will definately need the 730/MAP.  I say
> if because of the cost of a supercharger and when because this motor was
> built for it: 9.25:1 compression(Al heads), forged pistons, 4 bolt
> mains...etc.

When you go unnaturally aspirated, you'll either need to go with a
'6870/'165 and a monster MAF, or a '749 and a two bar MAP using the SyTy
code.  If you go to the '730, you'll later be able to switch to the '749
with little trouble.  The '730 and '749 are built on the same circuit
board, just with different portions populated or empty.