Re: Automotive Circuit Protection - Part 2

Previously, you (Garfield Willis) wrote:

{
{ Are yous guys old enough to remember when the conventional wisdom on
{ "correct procedure" for jump-starting "changed" to "NEVER have the host
{ vehicle running"?

wasn't that back when transistor regulators came into vogue

{
{ I too wondered about the battery condition, given the magnitude of the
{ transient Pat got, but assuming at least one of the batterys was in good
{ shape, it's hard to argue with measured experimental data. I spose there
{ might be another explanation, but it doesn't come to mind to me wee
{ brain at the moment.

 2 batteries, 1 a HUGE tugboat battery (for the winch, and starter) 1 a
big deep cycle for the other stuff. Both less then a year old, brand spankme new
gm 12SI alt with a large isolator between the batteries. The surge happened with
either or both batteries with or with the isolator.

 The reason I was watching the V+ was I had 2 new cbs die and the store wasn't
happy about the warrantee replacements. I wish that I had captured the waveform
but the dvom only did max/mean/low dataloging

{
{ Gar
{
{
{
{ To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo@lists.diy-efi.org
{

--
Pat Ford                           email: pford@qnx.com