TBI pressure regulator mod

Hi all,

Does anyone have any thoughts on changing fuel pressure for TBI
applications by doing the following instead of purchasing a regulator?
http://www.dynosources.com/dyno_sources_GM_Pressure_Regulator_Hat.htm

I'm trying to be economical (OK, cheap!) rather than buy a $70-80
regulator.

Also, does anyone know if there is a difference (& what it is) between
the a late 80s car TBI and the 87-91-ish TBI regulators? I have a car
TBI that looks like the one on my '93 Suburban (not the project - yet!),
which is different than the one on my '88 Blazer & I wanted to hack one
with a spare in case I screw up (me? Never! Well, maybe...).

Is one TBI unit preferred over the other? I don't see them as readily
interchangeable.

Last question - if I go to a 2" TBI (Holley offers one inexpensively for
my year truck as an option to a BBC TBI, plus it comes with bigger
injectors - 53# I think), should I punch out the intake holes in my
intake to 2" as well or buy an aftermarket TBI (or dual plane?) intake ?
I have a spare intake in case I screw my original one up.

TIA!

Eric D
88 K30 Blazer