Re: Ground Loops (non aviation)

 then move ALL the grounds on the engine. Your guess about the ground loops
is 100% on target, with 255 counts for an 8 bit adc each count is 0.0196V
and what is the acceptible voltage drop from the battery to the block when cranking??

Previously, you (Bruce Plecan) wrote:
{ On grounding:
{ GM seems to ground all the ecm stuff thru one point on the engine.
{ Somestimes on the heads, sometimes on the intake.  I would **ASSUME**, this
{ is to prevent ground loops?.  Is the reason cause of where the alternator is
{ grounded there, or the mass of the block to act a sort of a capacitor, or
{ what?.  Would there be a big difference in grounding things at the firewall,
{ and relying on the original ground strap, and battery cable to be the
{ grounds?.....
{ The reason I ask is that on some applications the grounds are really
{ impossible to get to.
{ Grumpy
{
{ To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo@lists.diy-efi.org
{

--
Pat Ford                           email: pford@qnx.com