Re: TBI SPACER ?

First, I'd suggest doing some maintance, and establish a base line.
Plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter.   Then find a deserted spot, and
have a go at WOT, and note speed at distance, or time to speed.
   With out that, you'll never know where you are or been.
   Then you could start tuning.   The more variables you have to tinker with
the better your results.  If all you expect to do is change the initial
timing and be right, you probably mistaken.
   (Also, the results, must be consistant, or again, ther results are
meaningless).
A Ujoint that offers much "bindage" probably has 3 or 4 mins life
expectancy.  Pinion wrap is one thing, but is nothing like what it would
take for a hesitation, from what I've seen / done.
   At the first "signs" of the center electrodes edges being worn off, their
due for replacement.  The current vogue with 100K miles plugs is for the
brain dead that can't remember to ever tune the car (kinda like DRLs).  All
they are plugs that have electrodes that are less prone to the erosion of
the repeated spark.
   Ahh, you say we have Grump on the ropes cause the truck feels that it's
running the same.
   This is where having a good base line, rears it ugly head,  try it.
   I'll push it ro 15K on a EFI hotrod (ie myown), and then change.  I use
alot more plugs thou when tuning, and then throw them on the self, for
normal maintance use.
Cheers
Grumpy

> I put a Spacer under my TBI on my 94 GMC K1500 the other day and now I get
a hesitation when I mat the Gas to the floor any Ideas? I was going to look
at the timing to make sure it was set correctly to start with because I
never looked at it from the day I bout the truck and I can't find that
little Tan wire you disconnect for setting the timing. I found it on the 88
I used to have and it isn't in that spot. Any ideas where they hide it now?
Another thought I had was maybe a clogged fuel filter (90000 on the original
one) ? Would a bad U-joint possibly cause enough bindage?

> Things I have looked for was vacuum leeks and I also have ran a tank of
injector cleaner through and also sprayed it out with Throttle body cleaner.
At first I thought the Tranny was slipping but I watch the tach and it
didn't go up till the tires started to squeal. I put new plugs in last
summer when I put the headers on and it had a new cap, rotor, and plug wires
put on 30000 miles ago, haven't pulled the cap off to check for corrosion or
cracks though.