Re: Benching a '165

Andrew Mattei wrote:

> I'm planning on setting up my '165 on my test bench so I can do some
> ALDL stuff, but am curious if it needs anything other than power,
> ignition, ground, and 10k on mode select/ground ...

That's all you need to get an '808 to do 160 (remember the '808 is a
'165, in a short case, and without the SXR UART driver).

> ...in order to make it talk 8192.

What and how it does it at 8192 depends a lot on the software. I'm actually
just about to test my '808 with a couple of '165 code variants to see how
my '808 to '165 converter works - more details later (including my promised
5/12 Volt 160 baud ALDL -> RS232 single transistor converter).

> I also need it to blabber a little at 160, but I'd assume that the
> same inputs sans 10k will do it.

Hmm, I don't know that blabber is quite the word for 160 baud ALDL. It's
more like a whisper - i, i, I, I, I', I', I'm, I'm here!

> Don't need any sensors yet, just want to start talking to it, not really
> really monitoring anything.

You really really :^) can do it without any sensors.

Peter

BTW: "Benching a '165" - I had a bit of a laugh over that phrase!