Re: BPW and Cylinder Vol.?

It took me a minute or so to understand your questioning, and
amazement <g>. I goofed. . .

Transport delay is from the injector, (I mentioned from the
exhaust port), to the O2 sensor. I didn't think much of it
until I found ecm code that uses this delay. The ecm
needs to know this,  in order to know how long to wait for the
O2 sensor to react to a fueling change made earlier.

I'm able to see the separate changes in the data stream,
and can force a change by upping a single point on the
ve table.

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> > At low air flow, with the O2 sensor in the header
> > collector, the transport delay can exceed one second.
>
> You've measured this?.  That is amazing,
>
> > BobR.
> > Who believes that a dyno and an eprom emulator could make
> > short work of this.
>
> For roughin it in yes, maybe a close initial on WOT, but just a bit easier.
> Real time emulator,  in car, WB O2, and you'd be set in my book
> Grumpy

I'm still up in the air about WOT power tuning. It's still disabled.
With up to 10deg of timing pulled from the 100map area of the spark
table, I can safely run the r's up at high maps, and not worry about
melting things. It's back to the 'ole, this is a VE% table, not a fuel
table. Then enable PE, along with setting the desired AFR and added
spark.

Now I'll take a WB O2 and do the WOT tuning.

Then again, you can leave the PE disabled and just add the spark
and fuel through the main spark and ve tables. No reason it won't
work. Just make sure that your adding fuel as that spark comes on,
gotta' keep the slag outa' the oil-pan <g>.

BobR.