RE: TC lockup problems

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, TRAX wrote:

> Thanx to everyone who helped out on this one!!!
>
> I have one more question.  Is it possible to modify the program such that
> the TC does not lockup at WOT in 3rd gear?

You actually do want it to lock at wot in 3rd gear (if you TC will
survive it), you just don't want it to lock at low rpm.   If you can
find the byte (on mine it is set to the speed in hex, so 82 converted
to hex).   It also is just 5-6 bytes before the first part throttle
lockup table starts (it is just before the table min/max speed stuff).
So if you know wher the part throttle table, a hex value corresponding
to 82 just before it is probably the correct number.  My erpom is a
different computer/engine combo that the one we are talking about so
your mileage may vary.

My all engine/tranny combo survived 12 20 minute road race sessions
and at least 40-50 1/4 runs, and the torque convertor was not giving
me problems with a 367rwhp engine behind it.   I was locking my TCC
clutch at the top of 2nd and then unlocking it at the bottom of 3rd
and locking it again at the top of 3rd and leaving it locked from
there.  My engine is out right now (130k, spun a rod bearing), I don't
know if the TCC will survive the new engine, it is guessed to be
around 450-470 rwhp given our chosen config.  The converter I am
running is a single clutch viligantie.

				Roger