Re: BPW and Cylinder Vol.?

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Squash wrote:

> I'm using Diacom-P right now.  I burn a chip, drive around to warm it up and stabalize the MAT,
> and I aim for certain spots.  I'll pull up to say 3000rpm/50kpa cruise, and hold the brake so I
> can get into the throttle, all the way up to 98 kpa if my brakes hold (gets hard to push at about
> 78kpa, no brake boost!).

That would be your problem.   With you doing a brake stand the engine
will be loaded more heavily, and will require more fuel.   At no time
when you are driving normally should you ever get this sort of
behavior, and any tuning obtained from this method won't correspond to
normal driving VE.

The engine uses different amounts of fuel in different gears (at the
same RPM) just because the loading is different.   Doing a brake stand
is a entire new load over all of the gears.