Re: BPW and Cylinder Vol.?

--- Roger Heflin <rah@horizon.hit.net> wrote:
> That would be your problem.   With you doing a brake stand the engine
> will be loaded more heavily, and will require more fuel.

That is why I did it, so I can tune the VE.

> At no time when you are driving normally should you ever get this sort of
> behavior, and any tuning obtained from this method won't correspond to
> normal driving VE.

On the contrary, "normal" driving for this vehicle includes 5500 rpm at 90kpa for 30 seconds at a
time, 400 rpm at 90kpa, and anywhere in between.  Unless I use the brakes or hook to a 10,000 lb
sled, I will not get a chance to tune for these conditions.

What do you mean by normal driving VE?  Normal cruising VE is 0-3500rpm, 45-55 kpa.  What about
normal heavy load VE?

> The engine uses different amounts of fuel in different gears (at the
> same RPM) just because the loading is different.   Doing a brake stand
> is a entire new load over all of the gears.

I'm not doing a brake stand like smoking the tires, i'm driving 30 mph and holding the brakes to
load the engine.  If this is wrong, what do you suggest?

Squash

=====
Trains, Trucks, and EFI at http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash