Re: 1999 5.3 liter Vortec V-8

> I didn't ask Howell for a price, since it wouldn't have done me any good.
>The parts/service people at my local GMC store said that the antitheft
began >in 1998, sometime.  I'm going to try to make the stock harness work,
too, >then worry later if it doesn.  Heard from someone whose done a
transplant >into an FJ 40 , that he used the stock harness and a GM service
manual with >wiring diagram.  Charles

I just talked to BTB Products. One of their "specialties" is installing the
Vortec engines in the old Land Cruisers. They said they can reprogram the
VCM with you new tire size/gear combo and eliminate the Passlock system for
$245. That is about half the price I got from anywhere else. I called
several companies that sell the programmers. None of them could tell me for
sure that theirs would eliminate the Passlock system.

Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr@netzero.net