Re: OFF-LIST: Non-efi question

Guys,
    I have a question concerning my potential ECM upgrade.  It is a question
regarding the choice between MAF(ECM #'165) and MAP(ECM #'730).  I may be
getting pretty good deal on either an '88 or '89 MAF system which would
include an 8192baud ECM('165 I believe).  My application is my 383 that will
eventually be supercharged.  Do I need the MAP setup because the MAF tops
out at 255g/sec of air?  If so can't the ECM use the 02 sensor beyond
255g/sec of air?  I'm buying this system regardless of whether or not I use
it for this application.  It would be nice to use it if I have it but if a
MAP setup would be more ideal I will hold out until I get one.

Jim Brady
'87 Monte SS 383 TPI 6 speed