Re: 749 question -

> Twiddling the dials on my 749 on the bench, I notice that decreasing MAT
> values past 60degF or so, results in increasing BPW - logical to expect
> that, but gives no change on increasing from 60deg to the max.

That is in one of the F31 tables.  Scot S has posted regarding this oddity
and his solution (on syty list even).

> Spark timing is also affected (same temp ranges), but I can't find either
> the MAT timing bias factor (KMATBIAS) in Promgrammer

It's there, Promgrammer has it wrong in newest version.  Very useful 3d
table of MAT vs MAP vs degrees...

0x02D2  F3_TABLE    Spark Advance Adjustment vs ADMAT1K
Deg. vs Deg. C & kPa Boost
        |  Cold  23.5  49.3  80.0  Hot
0.0     | 20.04 20.04 20.04 20.04 20.04
12.5    | 20.04 20.04 20.04 20.04 20.04
yada yada yada...

check the values in a hexeditor or one of the simpler (non-java) editors.

Brian Green
99 GTP Pace Car

or in GMECM; neither