RE: OFF-LIST: Non-efi question

they are complete junk!!!
will tear 2nd gear out... will not handle the torue...Btdt

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Marteney, Steven J.
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 12:35 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: OFF-LIST: Non-efi question

Gotta a question for you, and since it seems you've seen it all (or at least
most of it) and I value your opinion.  I'm sure you've heard of the T-5 and
350TPI F-body myths.  T-5 didn't go with 350 cause it couldn't handle the
torque, or couldn't pass emissions, or blah blah blah...  What's the scoop,
or at least your take on it?  My reason for asking is I'd like to make my
car a manual (89 F-body 350TPI) but don't think a T-56 will fit the budget.
There's a lot of T-5's rotting away.  Good place for them?

Thanks,
Steve
(If you care, I posted the question to "that board" at
http://www.umount.com/thirdgen/techboard/Forum1/HTML/025996.html.  Some
interesting blabbering there.)