Re: New Definition Update

rr wrote:

> Nothing I hate worse about the English language,
then words
> that sound exactly the same, but have different
meanings. Please
> change 'through' to 'threw', thank you. . . (now
i'll go stand in the
> corner for a couple minutes)

The thing most people (on this list) get wrong is:

  there    --   There is my new Corvette. There,
there, settle down.
  their    --   Their new Corvette is great. They are
clueless drivers.
  they're  --   They're clueless on how to drive that
Corvette.
  there's  --   There is a nice Corvette, and there's
another.
  theirs  --    Smiths have a Corvette. Theirs is
better than mine.

Bruce over there with John has their new Corvette.
They're both
crazy that there's a faster one than theirs.

Then there's the then/than thing/thang...

If it's faster than theirs then there's a solution as
they're their
own best tuners.