Ambidextrous software

I've been reading a huge backlog of fresh PROMs.  Doing this, I found a
new software ID that supports two ECMs with dissimilar hardware.  The ID
byte is 107 (or $6B).  I have two MEMCALs with this version of software.
 Both are for the 2.3 liter Quad 4 engine (code LD2).  ARHM6030 is for a
1988 N-body using the 1227749 ECM.  ARPZ6720 is for a 1989 with the
1228707 ECM.  The '8707 adds an extra SOIC device to what the '7749
contains.  Either this IC doesn't do much, or the version 107 software
has a mode flag to support both hardware configurations.

Also while reading all the fresh PROMs, I found an old 1Kbyte bipolar
PROM with a single bit error.  Actually, I have two PROMs with the same
BCC but with a single bit difference between them.  These old PROMs
don't seem to have a sumcheck of any sort, so I can't determine which
one is the correct one.