From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Brent Obermiller
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 4:25 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Vortec Problem #2

I solved the 8 to 12 bolt problem by driving up to Summit
Racing and picking up an Edlebrock Vortec Performer
Manifold.  It's actually wide enough to use my Holley
Projection 4BBL to TBI plate.  Now, my new problem: The
vortec head does NOT have the Outboard hole in the back on
the passener side for my TPI style manifold.  Todays
attempts to locate a factory spacer/adapter (which I have
seen previously) were thwarted.  Said spacer was observed
10-12 years ago on a carburated 350, and was a gasket
shaped piece of 1/4" steel machined for flush mount bolt in
the inboard position.  Any idea were to get one?  Any other
ideas?  I was running 1985 TPI manifolds w/ a 1987 Monte SS
head pipe. (in an 80's caprice)
-Brent