Re: Crankshaft sensor

It's really funny how people will think a part that survives attention
free for 90k miles is "prone to trouble" if it does fail.  I have 177k
on my Cavalier, same type of sensor, no failures at all.  Even with a
failure rate of 1 sensor in 90 thousand miles, It's still not time to
install the second one.  If I were in your shoes, and I had a used
sensor left over after the engine swap, I'd use it.  Otherwise get a
new one from the closest source and find something else to worry
about.  BTW, check failed sensor for cracks.  Failed sensors are
usually physically broken.  Especially on 2.5 liter engines.  If you
do get a used part, check it for cracks, too.

Shannen