'870 to '165 swap.....

I've got an '85 Corvette with the '870 ECM. After tuning this thing for the
last 8 months, I've run across a friend that has a '165 ECM that he is not
using and I'm thinking of putting it in my car. It's from an '87 Z28. Does
it matter what car it came out of? I've also got a stock chip from an '87
Corvette, ABTD. Would that be a good chip to start with? Suggestions please!
I use Tunercat to do my editing if that makes any difference.

Craig M.