Re: PCM's measuring torque.

At 09:11 AM 7/5/00, you wrote:
It depends on the vehicle manufacturer and PCM type. On the GM ECM's used in
on most US vehicles, the engine torque seems to be calculated value based on
engine load (usually MAF) and RPM (and maybe a few other variables).

I am told that the current Mercedes ECM actually measures torque through the
automatic transmission.

My 95 Buick LeSabre with the 3800 V6 had sensor outputs from the trans for torque. 94 had the same.