puzzled by almighty memcal.

Ok.. What the hell does the memcal do, what does it look like.. and how
would you make it/read it???
I got a collection of 165 chips (v8 tpi..oem and am...(ads/hypertech..jet)
and 730 , v6(auto/manual for 3.1/2.8) ...

What is the little white board on top of the two chips is this the neters???
And what are those two little chips???.

Now, ive been thinking why knock retatd does not work.. me=dummy ,....CSH
please... ive been using 165 knock sensor, straight to the ecm.. (no
esc)....cause was told esc was in chip.... Is that the little white board
with resistor coverd in hot glue goop???..

Right now I'm using the oem chip, from a 89 cavileier, with the anht bin mod
and burn onto the prom....
Would realy like to get a memcal for v8 tpi..... what ever this thing
does...(other than limp home mode)

BTW bruce.. replacing the fuel pump made a big difference.. but with the
dorkacom plus hooked up I never show any knock counts.. even when I beat on
the header with a wrench..

Next thing.... This may be more up the mysterious and marvelous ludis's
alley :-)

Anyone got a pictorial diagram of the 730, ie the register file, buffers,
stack pointer, cntrl and io interface...

And the pinout of the edge card/ testport :-)))..

Booooaaa ha ah ah ah ah ah he he he he :-)<wink>
Mike Rolica
Plant A,
Magnesium Products Division
Strathroy