Re: ECM for forced induction

Jim and Sharon Brady wrote:

>     What is a 2-bar MAP sensor.  I'm assuming one MAP table for non-spooled
> supercharger and one for a spooled up supercharger?

It's a MAP sensor that reads from hard vacuum up to twice atmospheric
pressure.  In the GM world, the sensor output nominally ranges from 0 to
5 volts.  A GM 1-bar MAP sensor has the same output voltage range, and
hence, the voltages mean different pressures.  Thus, you cannot plug a
2-bar MAP into an ECM expecting a 1-bar MAP and have everything work correct.