Re: Abbreviations General EFI

> Ya forgot SOIWPTMPG ya know that little sensor that sits in the cabin of
> thecar...........
>
> Scoffing Others Info Without Permission To Make Personal Gain...
>
> Maybe you just forgot to put any thought into this.........sit back put
> yourself in the other people's shoes on this list, and think very hard on
> what they may be feeling......
> Also  put her on the ole scales........what is this going to do that is
> positive..and what is it going to do negative.......ie what do you have to
> gain.. what do you have to loose, and how is it going to affect other
> people....
>
> Mike Rolica

Maybe I'm missing something here.  I take about a dozen emails from this
same list, compile the content and clean up the result by removing
duplicates, corrections, and fixing some spelling here and there, and
repost to this listserv so that people can do what they want to with it.

Next I take the same list, and post it to two listservs dealing with the
GM FWD vehicles that I have.  The same lists where a typical question
is, "My mechanic told me that I need a new I A C something-or-other.
What is that?"  The typical subscriber to that list has not 1/10th of
the knowledge of cars that most members of this list have in their left
pinkie's fingernail clipping.  They are more concerned about what
headlight blackouts fit the best.  BUT, there are a few who genuinely
appreciate learning the fundamentals of how their cars operate, and so
far they have appreciated the info contained in that compilation.  I've
had a few questions from the serious list members on how to subscribe to
this list.  I'm not really sure whether to recommend that they do or
not.

Did I make personal gain from posting that compilation?  Nope.  My
checkbook balance is just a sorry as it was yesterday (more so,
actually).  Did I help a few people to understand technical literature
and conversation more thoroughly?  You betcha.  Where's the harm in
that?  I just checked the GMECM list description on www.diy-efi.org and
can't find anything that, to me, says that the list is about keeping
information to one's self for the possibility of making a dime.  It says
that the list is to "... understand the operation of GM ECMs in great
detail."

Furthermore, the information contained in that compilation is, to the
best of my knowledge, all in the public domain.  Those are abbreviations
used in texts all over the automotive industry, as well as outside that
industry.  If there truly is proprietary information contained in that
compilation, I would certainly appreciate it being pointed out to me.

I can definantly understand Bruce's point of maintaining a central
depository of information regarding EFI content.  I think I have
enhanced that by placing the compilation in an email which will be
archived for future observation by list members and non list members
alike.  Whoever maintains the aforementioned central depository can now
take a cleaned-up compilation, and dump it into an HTML editor and have
a blast.