Re: ECM interchangability?

Ludis Langens wrote:

>Daniel Houlton wrote:
>>
>> I have
>> verified through various web pages that the 2.8, the 3.1 and
>> possibly the 3.4 SOHC use the 1227727 ECM, but that the 3.4
>> DOHC uses the 16149396 PCM (up until '94 at least).
>
>No such thing as a SOHC 3.4.  The only choices are the pushrod 3.4 or
>the DOHC 3.4.

You are, of course, very right.  I was thinking single cam as
was in the 4th gen F-bodies, but wrote SOHC for some reason.

>> The real reason
>> though is that I want to be able to tune the ECM and I believe
>> (but haven't verified yet), that the Kalmaker software can be
>> used with the 1227727 ECM to modify / tune it, but likely not
>> with the 16149396 PCM the DOHC engine uses.
>
>There are lots of different software versions for the 1227727.  Some
>support a TBI 4-banger.  Others are for a port injected V8.  You need to
>specify the software version running in the ECM.  For an incomplete list
>of your choices, look here:
>
>  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/idxref.html

Thank you Ludis.  Lots of good info there.  Currently I'm reading
through the archives from last year and this.  I'll be back with
more questions when I'm done...  :)

--Dan
houlster@inficad.com