Re: Comment on the "Abbreviations" Thread Tizzy

Gar, I appreciate the thorough analysis that you've taken your time
for.  You brought up many good points and shortcomings in not only my
method of presentation but also my response to the accusation.
Considering the content and your commentary, I have only a few quick

First, have no fear that the compilation I posted to both of the other
lists were attributed to this, the GMECM, list, clearly and without any
regard to my personal knowledge or authorship.  That message was how
several people have come to ask me the procedure for joining this list.
I assume that they recognize the value of the information here and wish
to seek it themselves firsthand.  For anyone who wishes to verify of my
credit to this list, you can see the archives of the v6jbody and the
BerettaNet list on eGroups (I hope those are set for public viewing).
Search for the subject "Automotive Abbreviations" or something like
that.

Second, you are correct in saying that my posting sounded like a "wrap &
ship," and I admit to that being somewhat of my intention.  Of course it
(being the abbreviation list) is not complete.  But, it was my singular
intention to concentrate the efforts contained in about a dozen messages
and to rehash that information in a cleaned-up but in no way "edited for
content" document.  That is part of how I organize things:  I tend to
take the blister-pak off and group it together.  By alphabetizing and
removing duplicates, it was my intention to increase the concentration
of that knowledge, not add my personal scent to it.

My apologies to those who I've offended, PO'ed, or otherwise rubbed the
wrong way.  I also admit to being more of an open-source type person,
and such was the motivation of my intentions.  I also apologize for the
flame-thrower approach of my previous message.  I do have a habit of
dumping the fuel in a lean situation, metaphorically speaking.