From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Garfield Willis
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 10:22 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Huntington to Catalina

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:32:11 -0700, Carl Summers <InTech@writeme.com>
wrote:

>........all I can tell you is I have proven 1180 hp on pump gas with no
>water injection.(yes, i have seen the claims of 1300+ on pump gas...been
>there done that and more...works great on a dyno...doesn't live in the real
>world)...intercooled/supercharged 8.3:1......but it took alot of effort in
>marine environment where it sits at 5600 rpm for very long times instead of
>seconds as in a drag race or fun spurt......hth's
>-Carl Summers
>p.s. how about a 40' Hallett with twin 572's that went from Huntington to
>Catalina in 16 minutes....takes longer to fly.....was alot of fun testing
>though....hehehe

Alright Carl, not so fast. You can't get away without a CONSIDERABLE
amount of *more* details. Are we to surmise from your "p.s. ... hehehe"
above, that the latter example is the proof-case of the former "1180HP
on pump gas w/ blown-intercooled 8.3:1 CR"?

See, I started a completely new thread, so we could sit for a spell and
discuss this. Now how were the engines built up, are there pixs, how did
you estimate EGTs with a wet exhaust, etc. etc. What kind of
instrumentation/sensing did you have on the run. I'm presuming this WAS
fuel-injected. Enquirer minds wanna know. :)

Gar - a boat is just an airplane without wings - heh