Engine swap computer & wiring question

Hello,

I'm new to this list, and have to admit that much of what goes on here is a
little over my head.  I do however, have some advice to ask for.

I have an '88 Sunbird GT with a 2.0 OHC non-turbo engine and am eventually
going to install one of the '96+ 3400 OHV v6's.  My question is:  what is
the best way to handle the wiring and computer change-over?

Ways I have thought of:

Getting the complete dash wiring and engine wiring from an '87 or '88
Cadillac Cimarron (it had the same style dash and a 2.8 mpfi v6 engine).
This way I would have the v6 wiring that I need, though the computer will be
programmed for the 2.8.  I think it would work, but I'm not sure in
real-life what sacrifices would have to be mad going this route.  I'm sure
that I would have to run the engine in MPFI mode like the 2.8 is, unlike the
SFI mode that the 3400 was built for.

Another idea was to use the existing dash wiring and computer that is
currently in my Sunbird and getting the wiring out of a '91+ Chevy Z24 that
had the 3.1 v6.  I would then have to change the EPROM, but I'm not sure if
the engine wiring will plug right into the existing harness and computer.  I
think the computer itself is the same, but this isn't confirmed.

Getting a computer for the '96+ GM minivans or other GM vehicles the 3400
came with is probably out of question because they use the OBDII computers
which I understand are a pain as far as engine swaps are concerned.

Any comments or suggestions on this would be VERY appreciated!
If you're interested, check out my website listed below.

Thanks in advance,
Tim De Coster
'89 Z24 Conv.
'88 Sunbird GT Conv.