Re: Engine swap computer & wiring question

> My question is more with the computer programming end of things... I think
> with enough time and right manuals I'll figure all the connections out.
My
> biggest concern is will the 3.1 computer control a 3.4 engine.  There
can't
> be TOO many differences,

Bad assumption to make

and if they are, can the EPROM be re-flashed.

Yes, but I don't know of anyone that has hac'd that one and is giving that
info away.

> Also, in what ways might the programming be different?

The two might not have anything in common.

 I know of the
> obvious difference with the fuel injection.  the 2.8 is MPFI and the 3.4
is
> SFI.  I'm told that the OBDI computer isn't advanced enough to handle the
> batch program to run in SFI.  Can the injection timing, spark advance, etc
> be changed?

Can it, yes, again need to find an editor or the info to change it.
Going with the 3.4 pcm means figurin out how to handle all the Fault Codes
since the pcm can't find the tranny stuff.