Re: nother car dead..sorta efi...not really gm..ford parts for sale

> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:07:06 -0400
> From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp@bright.net>
> Subject: Re: nother car dead..sorta efi...not really
gm..ford parts for sale

> Hmm, guess the cancel still would work ehh?.
> The pin registers on the streering wheel any who.

Maybe. If you remove the plate you'll let the cancel
cam move out farther and change the tension on the
bearing spring. I'm not sure the retaing clip will hold
the cancel cam in without the plate. You would have
a hard time re-assembling the steering column
without the plate. I'd remove the bolt spring and/or cut
off the bolt (rod). I think that diaper pin spring you
mentioned is the key buzzer switch. I don't own a
manual trans car with a locking column. All of mine
won't lock unless they are in park.

Gerald Pelnar
wd0fyf@mpks.net
http://www.mpks.net/homepage/wd0fyf/
McPherson, KS

> Gotta simple answer for the shift lock on the tranny
other then safety
> wire??
> Grumpy

nothing to catch on.

> > Eric
> >
> > On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Bruce Plecan wrote:
> >
> > > Just had one apart, and looks like ya just need to
leave the rod off
> that
> > > catchs in the back of the one Plate where it
registers.  Do you leave
> that
> > > Diaper Pin type spring out?.

> > > Bruce