Re: Engine swap computer & wiring question

steve ravet wrote:

> Can you get a 3.4L computer that's not OBD2?

There is no such thing.  Further, I don't think there is non-flash
non-OBDII ECM for the "3100" either.

> Larger displacement also.  Is the 3.1L ECM the same as your 2.8 ECM?
> same type trans? same type VSS?  BL can probably stretch to cover the
> increased displacement but you'd rather have a 3.4L calibration.

Lots of Fiero owners have upgraded the 2.8 to 3.1 or even 3.4.  The
usual way is to use a 3.1 or 3.4 short block and swap all the 2.8
components onto it.  The old Fiero ECM handles the switch to 3.1 just
fine.  The 2.8->3.4 switch requires different injectors and/or fuel
pressure and/or a recalibrated chip.

You might be able to do something similar by starting with a Gen II 3.1
setup and slipping the 3400 underneath it.  One thing to consider, the
3100 & 3400 blocks have timing cover designs that are incompatible with
the old Gen I and Gen II blocks.  I don't know if you could use the old
3.1 ECM & sensors on an almost complete 3400 - the different intake will
probably throw the calibration way off.