RE: Chatting with a 730

I could be way off base, but it looks to me that the ECU is ignoring your
f4,56,01,b5 request, and the replies you are seeing are actually just the
idle chatter of :

0f,5a,00,00,c0,76,78,e9
0f,5a,00,00,c0,76,78,e9
f0,55,bb
0f,5a,00,00,c0,76,78,e9

The third line of this starts with f0, so untill/unless anyone else has any
better ideas, you might try changing your request to an f0 as well. i.e.

f0,56,01,b9

The parity errors are probably because both the ECU and the PC are
transmitting at the same time, because the ECU is ignoring your request.

Hope this helps, and that there is a semblance of truth in what I say !
Cheers,
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G