747 Rom Emulator

Hi list
I started my Rover / 747 EFI project by making rom emulator for 747. I made
small device based on PIC16F877 cpu. My board eats Motorola S-format and
stores it into Simtek STK10C68 nvram (or ordinary ram) connected via buffers
to 747 rom socket. Ram is double as big as 2732 rom so you have two code
banks for quick switching. When device is unplugged from ECM you can also
read 2732 roms with it. It sends rom content in S-format to host pc. Later I
may implement also prom programming feature in it. I downloaded schematics
and asm code into ftp incoming.

jn_emu1.gif
jn_emu2.gif
romemu.asm

If people are interested to build these I may do emulator project page and
document the thing better.

Now I am leaving for two week vacation (no e-mail connection).

Juha Niinikoski  juha.niinikoski@mikrolog.fi
Espoo / Finland