Re: 1999 5.3 liter Vortec V-8-antitheft

> Thanks a bunch.  You were right on.  Talked to my stereo guy and he
>routinely by-passes the antitheft feature much as you outlined.  Can't
believe >that a couple of companies wanted $250 to do this.  Well, hard to
argue with >rampant capitalism.

I'm putting a clipped message below on this. This is what one guy was told
on this. The only problem I see with it is you need the entire donor vehicle
when it is done. You can't just buy the engine, harness, computer as a
package. This is not going to help most people doing a conversion into an
older vehicle. BTB Products wants $245 to reflash the VCM to eliminate the
Passlock, fuel level sensor, add new gearing and tire size etc.

Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr@netzero.net