RE: Accel DFI help maybe?

Hi Jim,

The Accel Power Programmer is a 2nd ECM that connects in series with an
86-89 chevy ECM #1227165. It allows for programming on the fly. It retains
the old ECM for diagnostic functions and some gauge display functions. It
allows tuning of fuel and spark curves and some other functions normally
handled by the calpack and prom in the OEM ECU. The advantage is that it can
be programmed on the fly and several different files can be archived and
then entered into the Accel ECM with a PC connected to the Accel ECM using
calmap software and a calmap cable. I know my explanation is not very
thorough but it is my understanding of how the system works. Maybe some of
the more studied in this group can better explain it.

J. T. Spilman