Re: MAF BLM based tuning

Thats okay, I saw your info in the archives, and I still have not twiddled
with it since its only cell zero thats a problem. Since I applied a factor
to the MAF tables based on gutting, the rest are dead on 128-130.

FYI, my project status (383 TPI L-98) in 89 IROC has run a 13.14 on the
stock lower intake and stock injectors, cycling at 12 ms max. Thats no large
accomplishment but its dialed in much better now.  Hint: (as if I was saying
something you did not know) dropping a set of headers in place of the stock
manifolds on that combo is worth a solid half sec, fun factor is approaching
Buick GN territory finally.

My latest problem involves "launch knock".. 12 degrees of it (my max
setting). I have taken lots of timing out of the 128-208(255 in other words)
LV8/ 1400-3600 RPM area (the area that during launch, gets passed thru and
normally is set up to 35 degrees) when the 383 can take about 16-18 at WOT.
The launch knock is still as severe. No knock occurs during a quarter mile
run using 93 octane (10:1 CR, alum heads, hypereu pistons, 0.200 deck).

I was considering disabling knock retard below like 25 MPH but I'd hate to
risk the hardware.

Other suggestions? no teflon please ;-)

PS, 89 ARAP '165 MAF Automatic.