Re: MAF BLM based tuning

Dave,
    Are you outflowing the MAF yet?  How are you modifying your ECM/PROM?
Do you think knocking you initial timing back could help your knocking?  I'm
running 87 octane w/9.3:1 compression (aluminum heads) with no knocks so
far.  What mods(if any more) do you have planned for the future?

Jim Brady
'87 Monte SS 383 TPI 6 speed

> Thats okay, I saw your info in the archives, and I still have not twiddled
> with it since its only cell zero thats a problem. Since I applied a factor
> to the MAF tables based on gutting, the rest are dead on 128-130.
>
> FYI, my project status (383 TPI L-98) in 89 IROC has run a 13.14 on the
> stock lower intake and stock injectors, cycling at 12 ms max. Thats no
large
> accomplishment but its dialed in much better now.  Hint: (as if I was
saying
> something you did not know) dropping a set of headers in place of the
stock
> manifolds on that combo is worth a solid half sec, fun factor is
approaching
> Buick GN territory finally.
>
> My latest problem involves "launch knock".. 12 degrees of it (my max
> setting). I have taken lots of timing out of the 128-208(255 in other
words)
> LV8/ 1400-3600 RPM area (the area that during launch, gets passed thru and
> normally is set up to 35 degrees) when the 383 can take about 16-18 at
WOT.