Re: Another Newbie Question

TBI + 7747, from an 87-91 pickup.  If you can find a donor vehicle,
you'll be able to get lots of parts on the first trip.  One PITA, the
center bolts in the intake don't quite line up with the center bolt
holes in the old style heads.  You can buy the later style heads, or
get an adaptor to put the TB on a 4bbl manifold, or hog out the center
bolt holes in the manifold.  But for reliability, ease of adjustment,
and lack of maintenance, I think the TBI is the way to go.
Shannen