Re: Another Newbie Question

In My Opinion...

Painless wiring harness, '165 computer, TPI  using a factory cal-pak.

Find a pre-87 (87 and earlier) TPI or other but be sure to get a pre-87
lower intake, prefferably without a 9th injector. look at the angle of the
center intake bolt homes, they should be at the SAME angle as the other
intake bolt holes. a TPI full setup might run $400-$600 used, including
harness and computer. If you're doing any rock crawling, a TPI has the
torque you crave over a TBI setup, engine-for-engine.

a pre-87 lower you might get for $30, a machining job on a post-87 will cost
$50 for the job alone, and looks like crap unless done right.

<ASB suit on>

this works in the 'ease of maint and adjustment' if you use a MAF system and
do not run a wild camshaft or plan on too much more than stock HP levels for
the TPI's (230 +-), using a factory cal that is.  want more? start learning
one of the shareware .bin editors and buy a chip burner, and read some
archives etc etc.

I have no experience with TBI, only TPI, and I am a hobbyist, not a pro so
take the advice knowing that... from another responce I read, and general
TBI knowlege, yes it may be easier and cheaper, but it ain't got those cool
tubes to look at ;-P