Re: Another Newbie Question, part II

Ok, here's the lowdown on cars -n- parts.  In general, you can trade
money for time.  If you want to spend time looking through the
junkyards for parts, there's a good chance you can get stuff for not
too much money.   There's plenty of people here that do this, and it's
a good way to get a starter efi system without investing a bunch of
cash.

Or, you can let someone else spend their time putting everything
together, in which case they will only ask you to trade your money to
get what they have.  After all, it's a small price to pay for the
convenience of one stop shopping, and you've got someone to scream at
when stuff doesn't work together they way you thought it should.
There are plenty of people that will buy a ready assembled system
rather than get greasy and burn up a few weekends collecting used
parts.

So, what type of things do you enjoy, and how much of a hurry are you
in?  You will likely get the most fundamental knowledge and experience
by doing the "roll yer own" system.  You may be able to get things
running faster and you _should_ be able to get all the help you could
ever want by purchasing a complete system from someone like Howell or
Holley.

Personally, I enjoy the junkyard trips almost as much as the efi
swappin'.  "Research", as Gar might call it.  So I recommend that
route.
Shannen