Re: Engine swap computer & wiring question (& 3800SC)

At 03:41 PM 7/19/2000, you wrote:

Another idea for this swap... instead of using the 3400, I am again thinking
of the 3800 supercharged, like I originally was.  My planning turned from
the 3800 to the 3400 because of figuring out how to physically mount the
engine.  I'm considering the 3800 again because of ease of wiring.  Anyone
know if the early '92 or '93 Bonneviles with the SC 3.8 were OBDII?   If so,
would that run a late 90's or perhaps a 2000-'01 engine?  Do these computers
care what transmission is used?  I will keep my 3T40 most likely. The newer
3800's (GenII) had a considerable amount more HP than the older ones.

OBD-II wasn't introduced until late 94 on a few vehicles and widespread on 96