Re: C3 with 8192 ALDL

I just picked up an eprom from one of these babies.  The E cars were
sometimes equipped with an in dash CRT.  The screen I've got looks
like a touch screen, and it's labelled (IIRC) Diagnostic, Climate, and
Radio.  The ALDL has a special cover with a jumper molded in it.  The
jumper grounds the diagnostic line at all times, and the same jumper
is installed in E cars without the CRT.  I remember that the service
manuals say the BCM will lose communications from the ECM if the ALDL
cover is not installed.  Does it seem likely that the 8192 is for
communication with the bcm and other systems?
Shannen